Friday, December 23, 2011

On life, defined

"Life is relationships; the rest is just details."
Gary Smalley
I kinda liked this one, especially given how much up-close-and-personal time we're all about to get over the next week or so. It's a perfect time to think about the connections we make along the way, and why they matter so much - to us, and to everyone whose lives we touch.

Whatever you're celebrating, may you do it surrounded by the folks who matter most. By Dr. Smalley's logic, that's all we need to worry about.

Your turn: A connection that mattered to you. Please discuss.

3 comments:

Prettypics123 said...

I am coming more and more to believe this about life.

Janice said...

I have a lot of relationships with co-workers that go beyond the walls of the building. A very special connection I have made is with my friend Bruce. He's old enough to be my dad and gives fatherly advice, but we have had the best conversations that make us both laugh and cry. Yep, relationship is key. Thanks for this Carmi. (oh, and connecting with you has been fun too)

Cloudia said...

Just me & God watching Carmi grow. . .



Warm Aloha Wishes to YOU, boychic
from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

><}}(°>