Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Does this turn you on?

Bipolar
London, ON
December 2012
About this photo: It's Thematic's lights on week, and you're all invited to join in. Go here to get started. We promise it won't hurt a bit.
It's been said that everything has a story, and I'm inclined to believe that this old saw applies to even the most forgettable devices in our everyday lives.

This is the kind of light switch that dominated my world growing up and, despite the proliferation of fancier, smarter and, yes, more expensive switches, remains something of a staple pretty much everywhere.

For most of us, we usually have no reason to look more closely. But I'm not most of us, and I seem to have lots of free time on my hands. But seriously? A freaking light switch? I think I need to lay off the shutter for a bit.

Okay, maybe not.

Your turn: Is there a story in this shot?

3 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Of course there's a story, Carmi!

;-)

Tabor said...

I must say when I woke up the other day and there was no electricity anywhere to be found...this switch suddenly got my attention.

21 Wits said...

Not me! But I must confess, yes. I have a few of these yet!