Saturday, March 03, 2012

Water, water everywhere. Not a drop to drink.


Wave energy
Deerfield Beach, FL, December 2008
[Click photo to embiggen]
About this photo: We're exploring and sharing greyish-themed photos all week long. Click here to join in.
Anyone who takes a closer look at my camera realizes fairly quickly that it's had a bit of a hard life. It's body is festooned with all sort of nicks and scratches, evidence of the many trips its taken - distant vacations and business trips, as well as hour-long jaunts to the park, grocery store or walking path. I bought it to use, and it gets used. Happily.

So before I stepped into the pounding surf to shoot this picture, I thought for a second about whether this was a smart or a dumb thing. I'd be exposing the camera to salty spray, potentially risking a full, electronics-killing dunking in the process. I knew it would need a good cleaning after the fact to get all the corrosive gunk off.

I walked in anyway. Because I didn't buy the thing to sit on a shelf and look pretty. I bought it to bring home pretty images. So, I'm guessing it was both a dumb and a smart move: dumb from a keep-your-stuff-clean perspective, but a smart one from a live-it-or-miss-out one.

Whatever. I got the shot I hoped for. Which is all that matters.

Your turn: A time you threw caution to the wind. Please discuss.

1 comment:

Alexia said...

It's an amazing shot!