Sunday, March 04, 2012

Sinking back in...


Shoreline
London, ON, September 2010
About this photo: It's Thematic's greyish week, and everyone's invited. The fun starts here.
Every once in a while I like to wander through my archives. Looking at things I've shot or written is almost a temporary refuge from the chaos of today. And given how chaotic my todays have been lately, it feels good to put the present on pause for a bit so that I can enjoy some quieter moments from my past.

Your turn: Do you ever do the same? Do tell!

2 comments:

Peter Anthony Holder said...

I actually enjoy the chaos. We romanticize about a quietier, gentler time, but the reality is we often look at the past through rose coloured glasses.

I'm willing to bet that if you look back at your current chaos in the future, you would either think that these were calmer times, or you would be impressed with yourself at how you handled the chaos. Either way, that reflection is win-win!

Peter Anthony Holder

Kalei's Best Friend said...

I go back and read my old journals.. I started a journal shortly after my husband was killed.. Its amazing how when I re-read what I wrote, I can find feelings that I didn't know where there... I find writing out my thoughts very theraputic.. Now I have carried it over to art journals and photography...Creating new areas in my garden also shows off how I have changed.. I'm creating more of a peaceful, inviting yard... plants that attract birds, greenery that is drought tollerant.. Minimalism, symbolism and yet natural and a hint of feminine look.