It's been a somewhat hectic couple of days around here (see here for an early peek.) BlackBerry maker Research In Motion reported some disappointing quarterly results, and that touched off a bit of a media storm because when Canadian tech-business icons fall, they fall hard.
So it turned into a non-stop barrage of interviews and writing. No sleep, mind you, because from the moment I got into the car on the way home from work Thursday, my phone - yes, a BlackBerry - almost exploded with activity. The screen shot above is from today's Toronto Star. The lead article is mine. [Slight pause for a happy dance...]
Because I'm a little retentive about the work I do, I thought it would be fun to summarize the interviews and writing I managed to cram into just over 24 hours. Because I also work in an office during business hours, most of this somehow got done when the sun was on the other side of the planet. Here goes:
- Toronto Star - Op-Ed article, BlackBerry-maker RIM's bold new world
- Yahoo! Canada Finance - RIM results, Balsillie's exit prompt growing concern
- AM640 Toronto - The Arlene Bynon Show - They called me as I was in the car - on Oxford Street, if you're a Londoner. I wore my earpiece, Mom.
- CFRB Newstalk 1010 Toronto - Spoke with John Downs and Ryan Doyle on Thursday evening - from the car, on Wonderland Road, still with the earpiece, as I jetted to the studio - and again with John Moore the next morning.
- CHQR (QR77) Calgary & 630 CHED Edmonton - Chatted with Bruce Kenyon.
- CJAD 800 Montreal - Spoke with Ric Peterson and Suzanne Desautels (my hometown, and the station where I started in radio. Podcast page here.)
- 570News Kitchener - Spoke with Gary Doyle (this is the top news talk station in RIM's hometown.)
- CBC As It Happens - Robert Harris interviewed me last evening. (Audio here.)
- CTV Canada AM - Interview with Marci Ien (video here).
- CTV National News - part of Scott Laurie's report (video here). Clip also included in show opener (video here).
- CTV News Channel - a Skype hit Thursday night with Marcia MacMillan (video here...and dig the artwork over my shoulder...that was in my living room), then a studio interview with Jacqueline Milczarek on Friday morning (video here).
- CBC The National - part of Havard Gould's lead-off report (video here). And, yes, I did use the term, "Lipstick on a pig." Oy.
Your turn: Can RIM turn it around? Why/why not?
This just in - Sat. Mar. 31, 12:53 pm - the Toronto Star piece is trending as the section's most popular.