Saturday, March 17, 2012

On seeing the clouds for the trees

"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky."
Rabindranath Tagore
I kind of thought this was appropriate given yesterday's shot. I remember feeling supremely disappointed as I first stepped onto the beach and set eyes on the horizon that morning. My goal was to capture a glorious sunrise, not stare at a thick blanket of fun-squelching clouds. But I stuck around because I had nothing else to do - glorious vacation - and I wasn't going to be back here anytime soon. Sometimes you just have to make do with what you've been given.

I'm glad I hung back, as I ended up seeing something I couldn't have otherwise imagined. The forces of nature still retain the ability to surprise and delight, which is something I keep in mind every day I wake up to grey skies.

--
Please click here for this week's Thematic watery theme.

1 comment: