Sunday, September 08, 2024

Catching up with the big waves

That curl
Port Stanley, ON
September 2024
This photo originally shared on Instagram


I don’t do this often enough.

Don’t stand in the smushy sand where waves go to die.

Don’t feel the water crash into my ankles.

Don’t feel the wind on my face and in my ears.

Don’t smell the freshness of the open water.

Don’t listen to the screams of the birds as they fight the forces of nature and each other for survival.

Don’t close my eyes and just let my senses get smacked from all sides.

While it’s true that my photo archives and personal memories are filled with images like this - waves, sand, birds, whatever - it’s just as true that every time I’m here I get to see things I had never seen before.

So that’s what I’ll do. Keep coming back to places that bring me and mine joy. Keep standing in the smushy sand. Keep staring at waves through glass, hoping to see the familiar in new ways.

Beach. Life. What’s the difference, really?

#portstanley #beach #ldnont #ontario #canada #great #lake #erie #water #waves #monochrome #naturephotography #landscapephotography #nikon #nikonphotography #nikon_photography #photography


No comments: