Friday, September 27, 2024

Do you see the dinosaurs in the sky?

Leapers, maybe
London, ON
September 2024
This photo originally shared on Instagram


Stand on the ground long enough and stare into the sky and we’re bound to eventually see something in the clouds.

Or not.

I may have seen galloping dinosaurs on this particularly fetching evening last week, but my imagination might have just as likely been playing games with me. Hard to tell.

Countless times, I’ll pick up my camera and head out, only to arrive at my favourite big sky viewing spot and see that the clouds have shifted and the show is over.

I return home with no photos, or maybe I took a few boring ones - which will never be shared.

When I first started these weird photo wanders, I’d be disappointed. I felt I had wasted my time, strived for something and failed to bring it home.

I’ve evolved my thinking in the years since, because no effort is ever a waste. Even a boring sky is better than the alternative of no sky at all. The time spent in search of that elusive something is always time well spent, even if that something turns out to be a nothing.

Because even nothings are something. Something good, even.

And what matters isn’t necessarily what we may or may not have seen, but the fact that we looked up at all and tried to see it in the first place.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #orange #sunset #cloudspotting #weather #wx #optimistpark #naturephotography #landscapephotography #nikon #nikonphotography #nikon_photography #photography


No comments: