Sunday, September 22, 2024

First light is the best light

Where I get a new way to see her
London, ON
September 2024
This photo originally shared on Instagram


The old smartphone finally crashed and burned - seriously, I kill my devices - so it was time to switch things up.

New smartphone day also means new camera day, and for reasons I can’t fully explain, that first photo is an important one.

It’s called first light, and if I understand it correctly, photographers have borrowed the concept from astronomers, who use it to describe the first scene viewed through a new telescope.

In my world, that first picture taken with a new camera has to have some kind of meaning. And there’s no one who has more meaning to me than this lovely human.

She’s also the only person I know who puts up with my quirks, and patiently poses for the camera while I stick it in her face yet again.

I’m hoping this new lens of mine helps me see and share all sorts of beauty in the years to come. But none of it will be as resonant as she is.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #firstlight #apple #iphone #iphone16 #shotoniphone #live #laugh #love #levy #photography #family #everything

Related:
First light, October 2006

No comments: