Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Thematic Photographic 88 - What I did on vacation


Watching the ocean with my big sister
Deerfield Beach, FL, December 2009
Quick note: This photo launches our new Thematic Photographic theme, "What I did on vacation." Please click here for instructions on how this thing works]
They don't always get along as peacefully as we'd like. They're bright, creative and engaged kids, so it's inevitable that they have their moments - with each other and with us. But sometimes, when the stars align, they manage to make our hearts melt.

Mine did as I watched Dahlia look out for her little brother in the surf. She's just that kind of big sister, and as I stood behind them and drank it in, I wished for the ability to capture it in something richer than a mere two-dimensional picture. Capturing moments like this in a bottle would be so much more fulfilling, don't you think?

Your turn: Vacations can take many forms, and I'm sure you've got pictures no matter where you spent your time off. Even if it was a quiet afternoon in the backyard, I hope you'll share it this week. The process is simple: Post a pic on your blog, then paste a link in a comment here. Sharing and happiness will ensue. Click here for more background on this Thematic Photographic thing. And have fun with it!

9 comments:

Cloudia said...

Thank you for sharing that moment-to-savor-and-save.


Aloha, Carmi



Comfort Spiral

Rinkly Rimes said...

Just a bit of fun from me'

http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2009/10/summer-snow.html

Unknown said...

I have a very similar moment I just posted at my place. Thanks Carmi! And I hope you don't mind I borrowed some of your words:

http://mommy.heidimdavis.com/2010/02/new-years-eve-2009/

Carina said...

Beautiful kids, and a beautiful setting. I love to see siblings taking care of each other. It brings back memories. Well, siblings fighting brings back memories too, but that's best left buried, don't you think?

MorahMommy said...

Although they have their moments Dahlia and Noah really look out for each other. They make a mother's heart proud.
Of course it helps that they both love to go to the beach just like their mommy!

xoxo

Mojo said...

An interesting choice of themes... reprising one from just a few weeks ago. Fear not, I don't get out much, but when I do there are many many photos.
Like this one

Amanda Moore said...

Honestly Carmi this is awesome. We go to the beach several times a year for vaca and my sky never looks this gorgeous and the water never looks so awesome. Ad the kids in this they are so crisp and sharp this is just a WOW!
mine is here
http://www.moorebloglife.com/2010/02/12/thematic-photo-what-i-did-on-vacation/

Mimi Lenox said...

That is definitely a heart-melting shot. Wow.

Teng said...

January is Summer and holiday time in Downunder Australia, with January 28 its national day. Here's how a curious toddler spent one moment of this day:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tengtan/3232249055/