Wednesday, January 05, 2011

My future's so bright...


Spun light
Deerfield Beach, FL, January 2011

Technically, this doesn't qualify as a favorite-of-2010 photo because it was taken just after midnight (12:10 a.m., if we're being precise.) But it's close enough that I'll let it squeeze in under the wire*.

The story behind this bright scene is a simple one: My wife has always believed in making even the smallest events in our kids' lives special, and tonight was no different. She had picked up party hats, horns and sparklers for the big celebration at her parents' place, and after the ball dropped we went outside to create some light of our own. I figured some fingers-crossed long exposures would capture the feeling of the moment.

Your turn: How do you make small moments memorable?

--
*Please go here if you want to squeeze in one last one of your own, as we're moving on to the next Thematic theme, wet, tomorrow (Thursday) at 7:00 p.m. Eastern.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

how pretty

Kalei's Best Friend said...

I will do the same- photos galore also I will save whatever was at the event i.e. a flower from an arrangement off the table, even a souvenier glass ..Most times I will journal that special moment..

sisterAE said...

When I was in college we came up with a rule: it isn't tomorrow until you get up. By that rule this pic is still legit for 2010.

Unknown said...

How I make a small moment memorable: a glass of wine to toast; a kiss; a word or two to bring a smile. Above all I remember that it's the small moments that are worth marking and capturing just as much as the bigs ones.

P.S. Love your blog :0)

Ankita Sarkar said...

Beautiful!
You own a Blog Of Note. Of course your future's bright. As if your present isn't bright enough with all the interviews and articles and follower overload. :D

sage said...

very cool photo!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful capture of a moment of family time!