Saturday, October 19, 2019

Racing the sun to the horizon

The rainbow just above my head
London, ON
October 2019
This photo originally shared on Instagram
6 minutes before sunset, I rolled my bike to a stop on the grass of London's Harris Park, transfixed by the insane color of this one tree just off to the side of the silent concert stage.

I was late leaving the office, and knew I'd be fighting the light on the way home. Darkness is a frightening time for cyclists, and what I should have been doing was cranking the pedals to stay ahead of the fading sun.

But that color.

5 minutes before sunset, I tripped the shutter, then continued my ride beside the lazily burbling river to my left. I may or may not have stopped again a few hundred metres away, where a particularly lovely bridge looked particularly fetching against the twilight sky.

It was dark by the time I rolled into my driveway and safely tucked the pink wondermachine back into the garage. Another victorious battle between the forces of responsible logic and spontaneous exploration, another moment where I zigged when I probably should have zagged.

But, you know, that color. Who would ever want to miss out on that?

You already know my answer.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #canadian #forest #trees #autumn #fall #autumnleaves #autumncolor #color #colors #downtown #harris #park #cycling #photography #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #google #pixel2 #teampixel #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: