Monday, July 25, 2005

Angry sky


As a followup to my earlier post, I took this picture from just outside my house earlier this evening as a huge, rather intense thunderstorm was rolling in. I was challenged by rapidly fading light and rapidly approaching lightning. This isn't going to make my Photographic Tack Sharp Hall of Fame, but there's something about the rich, boiling color in the clouds that just gets me. Nature is awe-inspiring and scary, all at the same time.

Your turn: I hope you'll upload a picture that "gets you" in some way. I also hope you'll post a link to it from here.

7 comments:

Cylithria Dubois said...

Wow Carmi, this is STUNNING. Thank you for sharing it!

Anonymous said...

that looks awesome, i'm still having problems with my camera, i think i have a solution (fingers crossed). if i get it going, i'll post one back to you!

Mike Wood said...

were you shooting a Martian sky out your window. Nice colours. :)

True Jersey Girl said...

Wow, that is a great, if not scary, sky.

Janet said...

What is it with summer and its angry storms anyhow?

L said...

gorgeous! reminds me of some of the weather we've been having here lately...

Kristal said...

We had lots of angry clouds, but no rain.

http://milemarker39.com/?p=13