HP confirmed weeks of rumors today when it announced it would be laying off 14,500 employees as part of a large-scale restructuring effort. Since I own a laptop from them, I felt compelled to say something about it.
The release, SMEs Beware: Relationship with HP will change, says Analyst, is now available on our corporate web site. I guess my schedule for the next day or two is going to change a bit. What fun!
- The San Francisco Chronicle - both articles by Benjamin Pimentel.
- July 19: HP plans to cut 14,500 jobs. Quoted opposite a Gartner analyst.
- July 20: HP plans to eliminate 14,500 jobs: Technology giant expecting to save $1.9 billion annually. Quoted opposite Gartner's VP of Research(!)
- CFRA Radio in Ottawa interviewed me live (!) earlier Tuesday afternoon.
- The main interview page is here.
- The actual MP3-format interview, entitled Biz @ Nite - Focus on Hewlett Packard, can be found here.
- Yahoo! Finance.
- Softpedia. Small And Mid-Sized Businesses Might Be Affected By HP's Restructuring.
- IT World et al - Same article - HP chief urged to take pay cut to augment cost savings - published through chain, including:
- KQED - National Public Radio, San Francisco. No link yet: the MP3 of the interview is somewhere on their web site, but I haven't found it yet. Coming soon...
- TechTarget. What does HP's shake-up mean to you?
- The Envision Resource Group.