Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Beating the heat

Today marked the first day of non-record-breaking heat and humidity in, quite literally, many weeks. It was interesting to see people emerge from their air conditioned cocoons and revel in the fact that it was sorta comfortable outside.

The stinky, smoggy air will no doubt soon return, and along with it a desire for relief that lasts longer than a fleeting day. When that happens, I hope you'll have something cool to think of. Here's mine, a red leaf on snow that I shot last autumn.

Your turn: What images will you think of when the weather gets unbearably hot and gross? Do you think we'll ever stop whining about the weather?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope you don't ever stop whining about the weather, i think it's something that everyone relates to and you can talk to everyone about
and i love that picture!

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

I love hot weather, I only whine when it's cold - but then I live in the country. When I used to live in the city, in the grimy, smelly heat I would think of a long cool drink or an ice cream. And I agree with BSTS - whining about the weather provides a useful bond between people!

Dean said...

I'll bet that the first words people invented were so that they could complain about the weather.

Christine said...

No, the whining will never end. It will either be too hot, or too cold, or too rainy, or too cloudy. :)

Oh it's hot here today. Your picture made me feel a little better. Thank you!