Sunday, August 23, 2009

Summer feet

The best laid plans often remain just that, plans. I had every intention of posting a carefully crafted Caption This entry this evening. I had finished some writing - the real, work kind - and was loading up my blog's admin tools when it dawned on me that Google was having a bad night.

So while the page load spinner thing continued to spin in my browser, I decided to try the next best thing: my BlackBerry. It has a nifty camera and a nifty mail-it-in blogging capability. So here I am, thumb typing from the couch, surrounded by the two most important ladies in my life.

Not a bad way to spend a quiet Sunday evening.

Your turn: What does your ideal eve look like?

About this photo: When you're in the middle of a long drive home and you've stopped at a roadside service station in Nowheretown, Ontario, you often do strange things with whatever camera falls closest to hand. And by "you", I actually mean "me", because I'm just odd that way. I can already see that having a camera baked into my smartphone is going to make for some really strange views of the world.

8 comments:

Jean said...

So no "Caption This" this week also? :(

Anonymous said...

That's a nice clear picture. My ideal eve is usually sitting on the bed with my laptop writing my book or blog.

Tabor said...

My ideal eave is a glass of wine with a lovely sunset followed by a great British mystery on the TV.

Mojo said...

If the camera in the Blackberry is actually that good, it's just one more nail in the lid of decision that this will be my next step when my current plan/phone expires. The cam in my minimalist LG is... lacking where resolution is concerned.

But since you brought it up, my favorite way to spend an evening is trucking about the region with camera and dog, to seek out new life and... well, new photos anyway. Some of my best stuff comes from those man/dog bonding experiences. Of course, having him along sometimes limits my opportunities because some people/places just don't get it. But having my pal along gives me a real sense of security when schlepping a few thousand dollars worth of camera gear. Now my ideal evening might also include a two-legged companion. One who's soft in the right places and understands why I feel compelled to take 10 shots of a rock in order to get the right one. Yes, that would be cool indeed.

But until she comes along, I'll do just fine getting stuff like this:

Thematic Photographic 63: "Summer" - v.5.0 "Nature's Sandbags"

kenju said...

My ideal evening is a very good book and a pot of decaf, but it usually is TV and whatever is available to drink.

Unknown said...

I enjoy your blog :)

I'm with the tv crowd .... but I'm usually brushing the dog, knitting, brewing tea, etc. .... hard to sit still I guess :)

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

snuggled under a blanket and reading a book outside on the hammock as the sun goes down............

MissMeliss said...

Add me to the "laptop in bed" crew, please. Though there are usually dogs keeping me company.

Got a spiffy RED studio 15 Dell for my birthday. Love it.