Thursday, August 20, 2009

When they were young...


Family
Deerfield Beach, FL, December 2006 [Click to embiggen]


They have an energy about them that seems as endless as the waves that wash over their growing feet. On this afternoon, I suspect they could have stayed here until sunset, dancing in the surf and enjoying a place so different from what they were used to. And I suspect I could have stood right there and watched them.

Your turn: Thematic Photographic explores summer for the next week. If you've got a summer-themed photo handy, please click here and follow the easy-to-follow instructions. And if you don't have a photo handy, I hope you'll head outside and grab one.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOu hit the nail on the head with this one. :) Have a great weekend :)

Unknown said...

This is magical! I can look at this photo and recall great memories of walking on the Florida beaches of a few years back. The waves ebbing and flowing and slowly standing (and sinking) in the sand. Wonderful post, Carmi! :)

Catherine said...

I can't go outside and grab one, it's winter! (Will see what I can find in my files later)

bing said...

this is a sweet photo. the title brought me back to the yesteryears when the kids were young and really full of energy... sometimes the memories made me wish they stayed longer...

Mark said...

Great picture, and a great point you made. Children not only ignore their bodies' signals that they're tired, but they openly defy anyone who suggests they might be.

I'm sure they think we're aliens when we say, "I don't want to do that right now. I'm tired."

Mojo said...

I confess, I had to chuckle a little at the title of this one. "When They Were Young"... Perspective is everything. Mine are in their 20's now so it's a long time ago that they were this free and stubbornly nevertired.

I have a cornucopia of summer-themed shots handy. Enough that I could possibly work this theme until Christmas. Or at least Hanukkah. But this was one of my faves from my recent beach trip.

Thematic Photographic 63: "Summer" - v.2.0 "Happy Together"

Beverly said...

Hi, Carmi, I've finally posted a summer-themed photo...one of my darling Ella on her birthday.

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

summer-themed photos?

so far i'm kinda guessing that sparkling wet pavements and grey clouds don't count?!

OK.....i'll go find some...before Wednesday.....