Sunday, August 02, 2009

Caption This 131


Please caption this image
[Click here for Caption This instructions]
London, ON, July 2009

About this photo: The laundry extravaganza continues. You can be a part of it, too, by following this link. Freshly clean goodness awaits.
I wasn't kidding when I said our kids set up shop in the laundry room after we got the new washer and dryer up and running. So fascinated were we all by the reality of actual machines that actually worked, we gathered as a family in front of the two newest robotic additions to the household and stared at them as they did their thing.

Here, Zach takes his turn on the step stool we set up just for this occasion. I know it may seem a little strange to be excited by something like this. But we've always written our own script when it comes to stuff like this, and if it results in a happy shared memory for our kids, then it's anything but strange to us.

Your turn: If I'm not watching television I'm watching...what? And why?

About our last CT photo of a body hanging under balloons in the midday sky: This definitely ranks as one of the weirdest pictures I've taken in a while. It was a hard scene to compose, as I was shooting directly into the sun - usually a no-no for a whole lot of photographic and ocular safety reasons - and ended up using the balloons themselves to shield the shot. Making matters worse: I was in the middle of a crowd of people at the time, so maneuvering around the hot pavement to track the windblown balloons while being jostled by strangers was an adventure in itself. Honorable menschens go to these fine folks:
  • Bernie "Klaatu" Madoff: "Hubert couldn't make the balloon payment on his mortgage."
  • Gallow: "Anybody got a pin?"
Morah Mommy takes it this time out with "Inflated sense of self!" Her blog, Adventures of Motherhood, is a delightful read (she wrote about our son's birthday today...go and say hi if you wish. I'll hang here in the meantime.)

So, yes, she is my lovely and inspiring wife. And not a day goes by that she doesn't finish my sentences, reflect what I'm thinking or simply read my mind. And not a day goes by that I don't stop for a moment and thank G-d she chose me. Please head over her way and share a happy or two with her.

--
Related link: Keeping it clean

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Mom...Dad...when does the movie start?"

Jeena R. Papaadi said...

* It goes rounnnddd and rounnnddddd and then again rounnnnndddddddddd

* Do the clothes feel dizzy doing all that rotation?

Jeena R. Papaadi said...

Zach says...

* I'm gonna sit here all day and watch these busy ones at work.

* Mom! I am washing clothes!

* Dirty in...Clean out. Magic!

awareness said...

You know you should've bought the new appliances for Zach when he was laid up with his leg. It would've made the time go by quicker!

my offerings....

Mesmerizing Machines

Soap Opera

Dance of the Dirty Duds

Suds and Duds

This is way better than watching the Habs play. :)

hmmmm, where's my pack of gum? uh-oh!

Tabor said...

Embarrassed to say I haven't been here for a while and what do I find...you guys are doing laundry! I cannot believe how the children have grown. Have to get here more often.

"Mom, come watch kitty!"

Jeena R. Papaadi said...

* Room with a view

* Sight seeing

Anne said...

"They always fall the same"

If my memory serves, that's a line from Rainman said by Raymond, the autistic character, while watching clothes dry in a large commercial dryer. Now I have an autistic son, so I remembered that more clearly.

Hilary said...

Don't bother me while I'm watching my soap. "As The Whirled Turns."

Sara said...

Spin class for the lazy

Mojo said...

Debbie definitely got my vote for the winner last week. I got one more link to post... other than the one that just went live for today I mean.
Thematic Photographic 60: "Laundry" v.5.0 - "Full Service"

Now... a caption... hmm...

"I can't go do homework right now! Dahlia promised if I watched close enough I'd see the clothes do a trick."

"Unable to tear his eyes away, Zach worried all the while that these new machines would wash the luck out of his lucky Habs t-shirt. Little did he know Bob Gainey had beaten them to the punch."

Pamela said...

Johnny-Five is ALIVE

Pamela said...

(if you never watched Short Circuit that will be meaningless to you)

carmilevy said...

Pamela: I remember that movie like it was yesterday! Which I realize dates me horribly :)

In retrospect, a lot of that movie's perspectives on robotics were weirdly prescient. Cool.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

NOT-merry-go-round!
;D

Anne said...

Do I have to watch this channel?

Jean said...

Anne's comment ("Do I have to watch this channel?") is the inspiration for this caption:
* Mom, I'll come when the commercials start!


* Inertia is something! I wish I could sit here all day!

* I wish Homework would roll themselves up like these clothes and get themselves done

* And the little pink dress thought, This young man makes me feel all conscious gazing at me take my bath!

Anne said...

watching the red-headed twins

Pamela said...

Visine gets the red out of drier eyes.