Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Summer on the breakfast table


Bright petals
London, ON, October 2006 [Click to embiggen]

About this photo: Thematic Photographic's week of summer (go here to jump in) may be drawing to a close, but I reserve the right to toss in another summer-themed pic before we kick off the new theme tomorrow evening. And what will that theme be? Scroll down...
I remember this shot well. My camera was new, and I found myself looking for any excuse to pull it out and give it some exercise. The controls were unfamiliar, and I know I was way out of my league given my complete ability at the time to coax decent results out of its mysterious black form. But that didn't mean I couldn't have some fun trying.

Even though I took it on a sunny afternoon in October, it feels like summer to me.

Your turn: What it feels like to swim in the deep end - literal or figurative, your choice.

Oops, almost forgot: Our new Thematic Photographic theme will launch tomorrow (Wednesday) at 7:00 p.m. EDT. It will be:

Big

Start thinking about the big-themed scenes you'd like to share. If you're feeling nostalgic, we're still taking summer-themed submissions
here. And if you're feeling caption-y, click here.

3 comments:

b13 said...

Great tabletop bouquet!

Anonymous said...

Awesome my friend...just awesome.

Unknown said...

Hi! What a nice blog indeed. I love so much these pictures of flowers... There is so much peace that comes out of it.
I will for sure come back to visit your blog :)

--
Venus
Best Affordable Security Systems Suitable for Renters and Apartments, Business and RV