Monday, August 03, 2009

The root of all laundry


His master's foot
London, ON, February 2009 [Click to embiggen]


I'll apologize in advance for the rushed nature of this entry. It's been a busy day in Levyland, with lots of writing and publishing* happening amidst lots of comings and goings and the imminent ritual gutting of our HVAC infrastructure (it's been lovely presiding over a failing A/C unit. Fun stuff!)

Needless to say, it's an exciting time to be one of us, which hasn't left me with much time today to shoot something that aligns with this week's laundry theme (see here for more.)

So you'll have to settle for Frasier lying at Noah's admittedly stinky feet for now. Don't worry, the little man clearly gets his stinkage from me. Why this pic? Because between the two of them, they're responsible for a good chunk of the laundry that winds its way through the washer and dryer.

Your turn: How do kids attract dirt to the degree that they do? Is it some sort of magic? Do tell!

* My latest Betanews column, The Google Voice battle: What is Apple afraid of? published today.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's all the energy and the playing they do. You can't make them hold still for a minute, so I think they are magnets for dirt LOL

Star said...

That's a great photo Carmi! I am of the opinion that all children's socks ,especially the white ones, should be made with black bottoms.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

ha!!!!!! blame it on the dog and the kid......so typically Carmi !!! ;DDDD
lol

Sleepypete said...

Muahaha - it's an obligation of being young :-) When I was playing cricket, my measure of whether or not I'd put in the correct amount of effort was the amount of grass stain my whites had after the game :-)

And then there's the red stain that came from shining up the cricket ball.

Unknown said...

It looks like Frazier is unaware of the boy's stinky feet! Cute. :-)

Mojo said...

I'll "settle" for an image like this any time Carmi. This is a classic.

Where did I leave off with my offerings for the week? I think I was current up through v.5.0, so to finish out the week I submit:

Thematic Photographic 60: "Laundry" v.6.0 - "You Trying To Start Something?"

Thematic Photographic 60: "Laundry" v.7.0 - "24 Hour Stop & Flop"

But if "Dirty Dishes" is next, you're on your own.

Jax said...

My laundry post - http://writerjax.blog-city.com/thematic_photographic_laundry_.htm

Laundry! You really stumped me this time ;)

Laurie said...

They don't have to do the laundry so they don't care if they get really dirty?

This is really sweet.

susi said...

I love your pictures, especially the one of your son Noah. Great!