London, ON, June 2009
We've covered seasons before (autumn and winter) so it was only a matter of time before we returned to the seasonal fold. Summer vexes me because, well, it's so darn bright. The blast furnace of light adds a certain level of challenge every time I head out to shoot, especially when I'm limited by my schedule to a midday outing. If early mornings and late evenings are the golden hours, then lunchtime in summer is anything but golden. Or subtle.
But when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. And it's good for the photographic soul to work in scenarios that aren't otherwise ideal. That's how we learn, after all. Or so I've been told.
Your turn: We'll be sharing summer-themed pics all week long. How does this Thematic Photographic thing work? Read on, McDuff...
- Every Wednesday evening, at precisely 7 o'clock Eastern, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
- Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...summer!
- You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
- You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
- If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry. Old or new, all photos are welcome.
- You may post as many photos or links as you wish. For the next week, I'll be supporting this theme with a related picture/posting each day. I encourage you to do the same. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
- Please share this link with friends, too, and encourage them to join in. The more, the merrier.
- And please accept my thanks for your enthusiasm. Your participation has made TP a true highlight for me each and every week.