Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Thematic Photographic 63 - Summer


Wet vision
London, ON, June 2009


We've covered seasons before (autumn and winter) so it was only a matter of time before we returned to the seasonal fold. Summer vexes me because, well, it's so darn bright. The blast furnace of light adds a certain level of challenge every time I head out to shoot, especially when I'm limited by my schedule to a midday outing. If early mornings and late evenings are the golden hours, then lunchtime in summer is anything but golden. Or subtle.

But when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. And it's good for the photographic soul to work in scenarios that aren't otherwise ideal. That's how we learn, after all. Or so I've been told.

Your turn: We'll be sharing summer-themed pics all week long. How does this Thematic Photographic thing work? Read on, McDuff...
  • Every Wednesday evening, at precisely 7 o'clock Eastern, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
  • Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...summer!
  • You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
  • You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
  • If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry. Old or new, all photos are welcome.
  • You may post as many photos or links as you wish. For the next week, I'll be supporting this theme with a related picture/posting each day. I encourage you to do the same. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
  • Please share this link with friends, too, and encourage them to join in. The more, the merrier.
  • And please accept my thanks for your enthusiasm. Your participation has made TP a true highlight for me each and every week.

34 comments:

Pesach said...

Google with goggles ... I love it!!!

Glennis said...

Hello, Carmi!!! This is a fun theme. I can almost smell the chlorine with that photo!

My summer photo will be up in a few minutes.

www.doves2day.blogspot.com

Cloudia said...

My thursday post shows the silly Summer skies over Waikiki and muses on the disguises of nature.

Aloha, Carmi-

Comfort Spiral

Cloudia said...

Google goggles! LOL ;-]

Mojo said...

Between shooting for Robin's "Summer Stock Sunday" and Pic A Theme's "Summer Fun Theme" I have a wealth of quality summerized offerings. Starting with this one:
Thematic Photographic 63: "Summer" - v.1.0 "Topsail Of The Mornin'"

Of course it doesn't hurt that I just recently spent a 3-day weekend at the beach with nothing on my mind but the light.

Anonymous said...

What a great photo to start of this weeks theme. Brilliant. Mine is up HERE. I so enjoy this. Have a great Thursday :)

awareness said...

I LOVE that photo! It should be a poster in a swim gear store!

Here is my offering this week my friend. Hope you enjoy it. :)

http://mayfairplace.blogspot.com/2009/08/unsexiness-side-of-being-in-heat.html

amanda said...

great shot Carmi love the angle totally Summery Dude!

Marie said...

Feels like I´ve just took a swim. A lovely summer shot!

Marie said...

Sorry forgot the direct link.
Here we go.

http://carpediemmie.blogspot.com/2009/08/tp-63-summer.html

momemts in time said...

As I sit at home at 10.00 am on hoiliday with the lights on as it is so dark outside... Yes we are still waiting for summer to come in the UK and doubt that it will arrive this year... the next five days are scheduled as more heavy rain. We did have a couple of days where it looked as though we may be in for good weather and about 5 without rain but cloudy... a move to warmer climes seems inviting. Will see what I can do...

Heather said...

Carmi - I love the pic of the goggles :) Mine is up - Splish Splash

Vita Stunder said...

Great shot Carmi!

My first take of the theme is up.
Have a nice day!

Anna

Melli said...

I LOVE this theme! I could post to it every day! But for TODAY I have this!

That's a great perspective on those goggles! Makes me want to dive right in!

Anonymous said...

Ah, water and summertime. :)
Here's mine:
http://kcinnova.wordpress.com/2009/08/20/summer-fun/

Karolina said...

Nice googles!

Now my first summer contribution is up:

http://photosbykarolina.blogg.se/2009/august/thematic-photographic-summer.html

hapzydeco said...

Driving along the Seaway Trail, stopped at the state park to enjoy our lunch near the water on this humid summer day.

Barbara said...

How about a summer bike ride?

Glennis said...

Hi, Carmi and friends! I have another summer photo up!

www.doves2day.blogspot.com

Vita Stunder said...

My second summer is up :)

Anna

sealaura said...

Hi CArmi!

Mine is up. I love summer because it means more beach time, relaxation, and travel. I like to pretend I am a travel journalist via my blog an enjoy documenting all those little trips (even if it is to the next town over) and thank God for summer when I have more time to explore.

hope you are making some awesome summer memories with your kiddos! :)

me said...

Just trying to get my "photo" legs again....


http://spottychop.blogspot.com/2009/08/thematic-photographic-63-summer.html

Queen B. said...

My first entry here !

http://thequeen-b.blogspot.com/2009/08/outdoor-wednesday.html

Vita Stunder said...

My 3th summer is up!

Have a great weekend!
Anna

Artlover said...

Great shot! Here is my first contribution to the theme. I am new here

momemts in time said...

Oops ~ Forgot to post my link but have added more images today from summers 2008 & 2007 in Cornwall.

Here is Cornwall.

Glennis said...

My third summer photo is up!

www.doves2day.blogspot.com

Quilly said...

I only have one Summer pic up -- Sailboarding Off Diamond Head. I am liking this shot of the Goggles a lot. It reminds me of one of my favorite pics of my snorkeling merman -- but I posted it weeks ago.

http://www.quilldancer.com/unshuttered/2009/08/23/268-sailboard-summer/

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Great shot, Carmi :)

My post is up at http://notesoflife.co.uk/?p=337

I hope you're having a good weekend :)

Vita Stunder said...

My 4th summer is up! :)

Have a great week!
Anna

Magnus said...

Great shot!

Well i'm a bit late for this one, but i post it any way.

Glennis said...

One final photo of summer, before moving on to BIG.

www.doves2day.blogspot.com

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

summer?

well..... better late than never

momemts in time said...

It is a late entry I know but i was away for a few days seeing my father and trying some pinhole photography, Put on soft dreamy music and step back in time to a 1920s English summer holiday taking a gentle stroll down the promenade...