Bridge to somewhere
Montreal, QC, August 2009 [Click to embiggen]
I chose "big" as this week's Thematic Photographic theme because it isn't always easy to represent something massive in a small picture that someone will be viewing on a 19-inch monitor or 3-inch iPhone screen. Photographers play with scale every time they trip the shutter, so I wanted to play with size for a week to learn a bit more about how scale works. And how it doesn't.
I hope you enjoy shooting big as much as I do, and want to thank you in advance for joining in. I promise it'll be fun.
Your turn: Thematic Photographic is kinda simple. Just post a pic that follows the theme to your blog, then paste a link to the entry into a comment here. Here's more background on how TP works:
- Every Wednesday evening, at precisely 7 o'clock Eastern, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
- Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...big!
- You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
- You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
- If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry. Old or new, all photos are welcome.
- You may post as many photos or links as you wish. For the next week, I'll be supporting this theme with a related picture/posting each day. I encourage you to do the same. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
- Please share this link with friends, too, and encourage them to join in. The more, the merrier.
- And please accept my thanks for your enthusiasm. Your participation has made TP a true highlight for me each and every week.