Monday, July 06, 2009

Mirror on a memorable day


Reflective wing
St. Thomas, ON, June 2009 [Click to embiggen]


I've flown this model of plane, the Dash-8, so many times. But never did I stand under its wing and marvel at the difference a simple paint job could make.

Small things. Big difference. And all we need to do is stop long enough to realize the wonder of it all.

Your turn: Ever see something familiar in a totally different light?

One more thing: We're still taking aviation photos as part of this week's Thematic Photographic. Please click here to get started.

2 comments:

Elisa said...

Great picture! Thanks for sharing.

Mojo said...

Like every other photographer, I'm always chasing the light. But I think most of the time I "see things in a different light" in a metaphorical sense rather than a literal one. Both are important though.

My final offering for the Aviation theme is now available for public consumption. Once more (with feeling!) from the National Air & Space Museum at the Smithsonian:

Thematic Photographic 56: "Aviation" v.7.0