Monday, April 23, 2012

Thematic Photographic 193 - Faith

Get me to the church on time
London, ON
February 2012



















I've chosen faith as this week's Thematic theme not because I'm some kind of religious zealot - I'm not - but because I suspect the world would be a somewhat better place if we all believed in something. Whatever that something is is virtually beside the point. What ultimately matters, as far as I'm concerned, is that we take the time to look beyond ourselves, to aspire to something greater than whatever it is that currently surrounds us, to build community, to repair the world.

So as you mull over how to interpret faith, feel free to take it in any direction you wish. Because the fact that we can believe in anything is a wonderfully human gift. And celebrating our differences is a similarly wonderful privilege.

Your turn: Share a faith-themed photo on your blog, then leave a comment here letting folks know where to find it. You can also share stuff that you may already have posted previously. Repeat as often as you wish, and feel free to pull in a friend. If you're new to Thematic Photographic, click here and all will be explained. Thanks!

14 comments:

fredamans said...

Great theme this week. Very thought-provoking!

http://fredamans.blogspot.ca/2012/04/thematic-photographic-faith.html

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Love this theme, Carmi...
http://afreshstartwithkalei.blogspot.com/2012/04/tp-193faith.html

so many ways to interpret this!.

Lisa Shafer said...

This looks like a great theme, but I can't join in anymore until I find some software that lets me ID my photos with text. I'd been using picnik.com, but it's defunct now.
Any suggestions? (I'm a Mac user.)

Lisa Shafer said...

Thank you, Carmi and Kalei's BF, for dropping over to my blog with suggestions. I will have a look at both of them when it is no longer a Monday. :)

21 Wits said...

Stunning theme photo, but delightfully funny new profile photo Carmi! Very quirky!
I do like your theme this week, and can feel a forthcoming of so many perceptions. Here's mine

http://twincitiesblather.blogspot.com/2012/04/thematic-photographic-193-faith.html

Gilly said...

Herewith my rather rushed efforts - we are off on holiday!

Just Two Chicks said...

Okay... this took quite a while because I had a hard time getting the pictures to download. The spacing may be messed up, but hey, at least they're all there! Faith!! Here's my link! I hope it works!

http://lesbianhousewifechronicles.blogspot.com/2012/04/cause-we-gotta-have-faith-thank-you.html

Max Sartin said...

Well Carmi, I found a few old pictures that fit this theme (sorta). Here they are.

Alexia said...

Here are some of my interpretations of this theme.

Juniper said...

Thanks for your comment on the beekeeper, Carmi! and you chose an appropriate theme for me this week... My contribution

Bob Scotney said...

Despite blogger playing silly beggars and some unexpected work this week I've kept the faith and made it here in the end.
http://bit.ly/IeUjXo

Kelsea said...

Great theme for this week! Some of my pictures:

http://kelsea-livelovegive.blogspot.com/2012/04/faith.html

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Holy Cross in downtown Columbus.
~

mmp said...

Faith?
Goodness, where to start...

I was raised in a faithfilled home and for me, faith is intrinsically linked with family. And in a good way.

So the image here is of the person who most of all influenced me as far as faith goes...it's a re run, Carmi, you've seen this before...

But I make no apologies.

And for those of us who are parents....we never know what our children thinking.