Sunday, August 26, 2007

Caption This 33


Please name this image [See below for details]
Grand Bend, Ontario, July 2007
[Click to enlarge]


We were just getting ready to leave the beach after a great day spent beside Lake Huron. The kids were tired and happy. We were looking forward to a leisurely drive home through some of the most beautiful farmland imaginable.

I noticed her long before she got close. She never raised her eyes to anyone around her, preferring to instead focus, singly, on her pursuit of buried treasure. She clearly knew what she was doing, methodically covering the beach in a tight grid pattern, expertly avoiding everyone still playing around her. She seemed to exist in her own world.

Your turn: Please use your creativity to come up with a caption - or two, or three, or more - for this image. Winner will be announced next week. New to Caption This? Click here for the sorta-rules.

Last week's image of a canoe was taken by our son, Zach. He's become quite the photographer who's far more patient to think through a scene than I am. Awareness touched a chord with "Late August afternoon nap....." It just speaks to me.

Others that also got me thinking include:
Heidi: "Just waiting."
MissMeliss: "When there is no wind, row."
Sara: ""George still hasn't gotten the hang of docking the boat!"
Joy T.: "Reflections from the pier."

Good luck with this week's Caption This, and thanks to you all for playing along!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

"God! Do I vacuum clean it all?"

I like her attitude.


Michele sent me here again so that you feel haunted by me!

D.O.M. Dan said...

Ok, here's my lame attempt:

"I knew I should have taken the ring off of my husband's finger before I buried him"

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Mildred was desperate that the mtal detector locate her hearing aid.

Anonymous said...

...And people said finding a needle in a haystack was challenging...

Tiffany said...

"another day another dollar"

Thanks for stopping by. Michele sent me

Nestor Family said...

Thanks for the mention of my caption from last week's contest! (Blushing!) It was an inspiring photo.

How about this for this week:

Martha just did not know how to relax on vacation!

Have a great week!

Bobkat said...

'I'm sure I parked the car around here somewhere!'

You are such a great watcher of people Carmi. You always notice these people doing their various things when the rest of the world walks by.

Michele sent me by this time to say hello!

Sara said...

WOW! It was fun seeing my quote from last week mentioned...

For today's:

"It has to be here somewhere!"

craziequeen said...

'I just can't remember where I dropped my hearing aid..... [taps headphones] are these things on??'

:-)

Feeling a bit evil today, Carmi [sneeze]

cq

The Turmanators said...

I know I lost my fashion sense around here somewhere!

Love the photo.

Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

"Gee, the other mp3 players look so much smaller."

rashbre said...

slightly English, but "Watching the Detectors" would be my caption. Hiya Michele sent me today.

rashbre

WendyWings said...

I thought they said X marked the spot, I am NOT seeing it here.

Michele sent me but I really DO mean to keep coming by more often. So many blogs so little time !

Sara said...

Hello, Michele sent me...just wanted to check out what everyone was captioning for that great picture.

have a good day!

BreadBox said...

Michele suggested that I come and caption this
'earing aid
N

b13 said...

I'll be able to retire any day now...

November Rain said...

This is why you never let the dog play with your car keys

November Rain said...

oh btw thanks for the great comments
You really make me feel good as a writer

Carina said...

Retirement Plan for the New Millenium.

Love the optimism in this photo. ;)

Anonymous said...

"Those weapons of mass destruction have to be in here somewhere."

awareness said...

WOW! Thanks Carmi :)

Will have to think of one for this week.....love the pic.....and the determined look on this lovely lady.

cheers.

SzélsőFa said...

Age of golden

JC said...

Sooner or later I will find Captain Hook and his treasure!