Sunday, April 26, 2009

Caption This 118


Please caption this photo
[Click here for background on how Caption This works]
London, ON, October 2006 [Click to multiply the cholesterol]

Why eggs? It's a round week, all week long. Wondering what this is all about? Head here.
I've always been fascinated by modern society's apparent love-hate relationship with eggs. Depending on one's perspective, the egg is either a wonder-food that can do no wrong, or is the root of all culinary evil that can singlehandedly drive someone's cholesterol level into the stratosphere and quintuple the chances of early-onset cardiovascular disease.

I tend to believe that anything in excess is probably bad for you. Even too much water has been known to explode the cells of some unfortunate lab mice. Maybe when we learn to stop making black-and-white, blanket assessments of foods and instead internalize the concept of balance, we'll all lead healthier, lower-stress and happier lives.

Just thinkin'.

Your turn: Please caption this eggheaded photo. Just hit the comments link below and submit as many as you wish. We'll take suggestions all week long before naming a winner next Sunday. If you're new to Caption This, click here to see where it all began.

About last week's photo of a fly on a flower: Lots of great suggestions for this one - though, strangely, no one tried to name the insect. Honorable menschens go to:
  • Terri: "Fly on a wall flower."
  • Jinksy: "Humph! I'm fed up with being a Fly by Night - makes me exhausted the next day!"
  • Dana: "Common meets beauty."
  • Mel Fraase: "Phlegmatic Fly Finds Frond Fun."
  • Moi: "Bee Happy, honey!"
Wendy's "Layover" will ring in my ears every time I find myself at an airport, waiting for the next flight to bring me home. The irony that this fly need not wait for anyone to take to the skies is not lost on me. Wendy blogs from LA about her life as a mom, and manages to inspire us to push a little harder in the process. Please head to the left coast and congratulate her.

27 comments:

Carli N. Wendell said...

FIRST!

(That's not one of those obnoxious "I posted here first" things. That's my caption. It just happens to work both ways.)

Unknown said...

I can't think, off-hand, of anything that doesn't sound corny. But I did post again on the theme of round

http://thepaganeye.blogspot.com/2009/04/thematic-photographic-round_26.html

Mojo said...

I'm gonna have to search the mental archives for some of the lines Vincent Price used to use in the old Batman TV serial. Off hand, the only one that comes to mind is "Eggselent!"

But I just noticed that I've failed to post my last 4 Rounds of ... Round. It's been a hellish week to try and keep up I tell ya. so in a blur of linkage:

Thematic Photographic 46: Round v.2.0Thematic Photographic 46: Round v.3.0Thematic Photographic 46: Round v.4.0Thematic Photographic 46: Round v.5.0

David Edward said...

now we can see clearly that the Egg came first ( with a big nod to Carli)

David Edward said...

One hairy egg, and the other six bought Rogaine.

David Edward said...

'feeling safer now that Easter was past'

Anonymous said...

Desperate to eggscape - the embryo hatched a plan.

Harland Sanders

Carli N. Wendell said...

Oh, and to comment on eggs:I love them. Cheap source of protein, and I love the way they taste. Easy to cook, too.

kenju said...

He loves me - he loves me not. He loves me- he loves me not!


I love eggs in any form except raw. No one will ever make me believe they aren't good for me!! I once read they are nature's perfect protein.

Anonymous said...

Ya, you tink I am yolking vit you!
Vat ah you some kind uff chicken?

The Swedish Chef
(Schveedee herdy herdy her - da chickie in da basket)

Barbara said...

Having spent time in my youth gathering eggs in a chicken coop, and reaching under a hen unwilling to give up her young, I call this.............

Future Generation

Star said...

Well, the obvious eggs-citing comes to mind. I am not very good at the caption game, but I enjoy the entries other people offer. NetChick sent me over tonight.

Martha said...

Your views on the egg are "Eggsactly" right! ;-)

photowannabe said...

I couldn't give you a caption either but I did post another Round Theme. Come take a look.

awareness said...

oh, i laughed out loud at Mojo's Vincent Price reference!!!

Don't have a caption yet....

Perfeggtion?

But a camp song comes to mind...do you know this one Carmi??

Oh, I had a little chicken who wouldn't lay an egg so I took him and I shook him by his left leg...I took by his left leg and the gall darn chicken laid a scrambled egg!

I'll refrain from sending you all the verses... :)

I'll be back....gotta hatch some captions.

Jean said...

* Such perfection is not destined to last

Jean said...

* Who's gonna come out of this one? A hen, a duck, a dinosaur?

* Safer inside than out

* To hatch or be an omelette?

Robin said...

Why it's an eggstravaganza of course :-).

Sara said...

a bakers half dozen

Sara said...

monochrome eggperiment

Anne said...

let's get crackin'
6 of one, half a dozen of the other
breakfast of champions
mom?
game of catch, anyone?

ok carmi, that's enough for now.

Laurie said...

Eggs make wonderful subjects. I think in moderation eggs are a wonderful healthful food.

Snaggle Tooth said...

Eggshell White

runicles said...

I can't tell which one's the rotten one, they all look eggsactly the same?

Sara said...

shell we eggperiment with B&W today?

PastormacsAnn said...

An eggs-cellent breakfast is just moments away!

Mel Fraase said...

Thanks for the menschen!! I really tried this week, but my brain just wasn't too clever. I would like to vote for carli's "First!" - in case you take votes ;)