Look out any window
London, ON, March 2009 [Click to enlarge]
I'm not sure why taking the train makes me feel more reflective than usual. Maybe it's because of its genteel nature: Unlike other forms of intercity transport, you don't really have to do much to take the train. There's no airport security, no maddening battling with highway traffic, no stress. Just find your seat and watch the countryside roll by. I can't understand why more people don't get on board.
This image is reflective in a number of ways. Literally, it reflects the platform as I got off the train. It was late evening, and I was coming home from a long, eventful day in the big city a couple of hours to the east. That's where the figurative reflection comes in. I felt very at peace at that moment, as I had done my best and knew the day would result in better times ahead. Sometimes, all it takes is a photo of a moment to evoke a memory that resonates.
Your turn: This photo kicks off our new Thematic Photographic theme, reflective. If you've got a photo already - or are hankering to take one that fits - simply post a photo to your blog, then paste the link in a comment here. Here's more background on how TP works:
- Every Wednesday evening, at precisely 7 o'clock Eastern, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
- Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...reflective!
- You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
- You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
- If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry. Old or new, all photos are welcome.
- You may post as many photos or links as you wish. For the next week, I'll be supporting this theme with a related picture/posting each day. I encourage you to do the same. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
- Please share this link with friends, too, and encourage them to join in. The more, the merrier.
- And please accept my thanks for your enthusiasm. Your participation has made TP a true highlight for me each and every week.