Thursday, April 02, 2009

Reflecting the sunset

Towering
London, ON

March 2009
[Click to enlarge]

About this photo: The latest Thematic Photographic theme is reflective. We're literally and figuratively getting reflective all week long. Click here to get involved (you know you want to...)
One London Place is our burg's tallest building. It's also one of the most interesting thanks to its mirrored facade and London's famously rich sunsets - the upside of air pollution, I guess.

I've shot it before and it's since become one of those subjects that keeps pulling me back in. So whenever I find myself downtown toward the end of the day, I always look up just in case there's something new dancing in the sky.

Your turn: Why do you look to the sky?

10 comments:

Cloudia said...

I see grand epics in da clouds!
Aloha

Jeannette St.G. said...

There is some romance in sky scrapers after all -haha -thanks for sharing

bobbie said...

A beautiful shot, Carmi. I imagine that each time you look up there, something new appears.

My entry is up now.

Sleepypete said...

I look to the sky so I can check the moon - if it's full, I know why I have to exert control to resist going for a bloodcurdling howl :-)

Laurie said...

Lovely reflections. There is a really pleasing color range in the photo.

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

because it's always there
because it's always changing

Marda said...

Hi Carmi, Netchick sent me.

One of the most stunning things about where I lives it seeing the sun illuminate the buildings across the street. The reflection fills my living room with the brightest light as it making its exist to retires for the night.

Mojo said...

I look to the sky because it's never the same from one moment to the next. And there's almost always something interesting going on up there!

But I'm sticking to my "theme within a theme" for version 3.0
Thematic Photographic 43: "Reflective" v.3.0: 1957 Chevy Bel Air Coupe

Mojo said...

Sticking to it for version 4.0 too

Thematic Photographic 43: "Reflective" v.4.0: 1953 Ford Pickup

NJ said...

It's been years since I've been to London...I didn't know that they had big skyscrapers like that now. I used to enjoy wandering around the downtown area when I was in my twenties. Here is my reflective entry. Click here