Strings at rest
London, ON, April 2009
Although I'm not a musician (thank your lucky stars for that!) the photographer in me finds musical instruments, recording and studio equipment, and even an old radio, to be endlessly fascinating. They almost beg to have their picture taken, as if they wish to be heard through a medium that, at least in the traditional sense, does not incorporate sound.
But who thinks in a traditional sense, anyway?
Your turn: For the next week, we'll be sharing musically-themed photos. Since music touches our lives in so many different ways, I'm looking forward to seeing how you all choose to interpret the theme through your lenses. If you're new to Thematic Photographic, here's a quick primer:
- Every Wednesday evening, at precisely 7 o'clock Eastern, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
- Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...musical!
- You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
- You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
- If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry. Old or new, all photos are welcome.
- You may post as many photos or links as you wish. For the next week, I'll be supporting this theme with a related picture/posting each day. I encourage you to do the same. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
- Please share this link with friends, too, and encourage them to join in. The more, the merrier.
- And please accept my thanks for your enthusiasm. Your participation has made TP a true highlight for me each and every week.