Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring has sprung


Reborn
London, ON, April 2009


It's a sure sign of spring when these tiny flashes of purple first poke their hopeful heads above the desolate lawn. Noah noticed this one, and hovered over it, protecting it from the dog, while I fetched the camera.

We spent a good chunk of the day outside today, riding bikes, playing on the lawn and otherwise drinking in the kind of weather we've been looking forward to for months. You could hear the happiness in the kids' voices as they ran outside in shorts and sandals and drank it all in. Their voices echoed through the house, and more than once I thought to myself that it sounded like music.

Indeed.

Your turn: A sure sign of spring is...?

About this photo: We're exploring the floral theme all week long as part of Thematic Photographic. Head over here to dive right in - you'll be glad you did!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beware, these are C.S.I.S. monitoring devices.
They know when you are sleeping , they know when you're awake. They know when you've been bad or good, so be good for the sake of a well run society that obeys the rules set down by the fascist government.
Hey!.

What's better than roses on a piano?
( c'mon, you know the rest.)

S. Pring

Catherine said...

Strangely, we have very similar crocuses flowering in our garden in autumn.
Is it really spring there? My daughter is currently snowed in in Denver, wondering if she will miss her flight back to New Zealand, and you are a fair way north of Denver (but preusmably less mountainous)

Anonymous said...

I don't know about about the rest of you, but when I wake up on Easter morning and get my chocolate Jesus, I always bite the ears off first.
On a related note, whenever the Pope speaks, is he pontificating?

Pontiac Pilot
Detroit MI

Star said...

I am nothing but jealous as I spent the whole day at work wishing I was out playing. Glad you made some memories.

Cloudia said...

A sure sign of Spring:
Happy voices of children playing outdoors.
Lovely post, Carmi
Aloha

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

A sure sign of spring is daffodils! :)

Unknown said...

On my way home from work this past week, there was a Sandhill Crane couple (they mate for life) and their new little fuzzy, long legged baby! The birds are, for me, what really makes me aware spring is here. There is also a tree in my neighbor's yard that has a few nests in it and when I have the door open you can hear those baby black birds waiting for their mama to come back with some food!

Shelli said...

Buds on the lilac bushes. Canadian geese nesting. Ducks on the lawn. Smell of fires burning.

Anonymous said...

A crocus! Hooray for spring!

David Edward said...

a sure sign of spring is ME in my KAYAK on the lake. ( it is also a sign of winter) it was good to Re-create today.
been a long time since I rock-n-roll!