London, ON, February 2009 [Click to embiggen]
My earliest experiments with artistic photography - way back in the Age of Film, no less - revolved around flowers. They didn't move and they didn't talk back, which made them ideal for a neophyte. Most of my pictures sucked. I didn't have the immediate feedback of digital, and learning with film was more expensive than my starving-student budget could afford. But I kept trying because the occasional keeper made the pursuit worthwhile.
I realized a couple of months ago that it had been a while since I focused on petals. So as an incentive to get myself back into the groove, I've chosen "floral" as this week's Thematic Photographic theme. As you think through your own floral contribution, please keep in mind that the themes are mere suggestions. If you want to share a flower pic, go for it. If you want to interpret it a little less literally, that's cool, too. The idea here is to expand our photographic horizons a little. Interpret your heart's content, k?
Your turn: Time to get shooting and sharing. Here's how TP works:
- Every Wednesday evening, at precisely 7 o'clock Eastern, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
- Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...floral!
- You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
- You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
- If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry. Old or new, all photos are welcome.
- You may post as many photos or links as you wish. For the next week, I'll be supporting this theme with a related picture/posting each day. I encourage you to do the same. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
- Please share this link with friends, too, and encourage them to join in. The more, the merrier.
- And please accept my thanks for your enthusiasm. Your participation has made TP a true highlight for me each and every week.