Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Wordless Wednesday - Muffins


Why they're even better than yours, Wanda
London, ON, March 2009
Quick note: This photo completes our week-long journey through the wonderful world of edible goods. If you've got the stomach for it, you can see where it all began - and share your own - by clicking here. Otherwise, read on...we unveil next week's theme at the bottom of this entry.
I am married to a woman who has an almost mythical MacGyveresque ability in the kitchen. Whenever the kids are hungry - a virtual constant these days - she conjures up magically tasty dishes and meals, often seemingly from nothing.

It's a given that these muffins were delicious, as we all quietly picked at the pile until there were no more. But what I remember most isn't just how good they were. It's the quiet patter in the kitchen as she showed the kids how to make them. Little man fetched the ingredients, our daughter oversaw the recipe to ensure nothing was missed, our eldest son watched the timer like a hawk.

Sometimes, the reward has little to do with the food on your plate.

Your turn: Collaborative cooking. Please discuss. (And if you want to take a crack at guessing the origin of the caption under the photo, go for it.)

Ah yes, about next week's Thematic Photographic: Spring is in the air, so I thought we'd go...
Floral

At exactly 7:00 p.m. EDT on Wednesday (hey, that's tomorrow!) I'll post the initial entry for next week's theme. What can you share? It could be literal pictures of flowers, or something more abstract - as long as you use your imagination and have fun in the process. For now, you have some time to mull over your shot.

22 comments:

Tink *~*~* said...

Hi Carmi - did ya save a muffin for me? LOL! Hope your mid-week passes pleasantly and that it's all downhill toward the weekend.

Tink *~*~*
Lego Sculpture at Downtown Disney: The Dragon

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Love some muffins!! As much as I love b&w I think they should've appeared in color. So we could have an idea of the flavor. In monochrome, they're bran.

Mojo said...

Collaborative cooking never worked out too well for me since I'm usually ad-libbing it in the kitchen. There's no recipe in the usual sense, just "summa dis, summa dat, badda-bing, badda boom...". Maybe I'm just lucky, but it usually comes out okay.

And a weeks worth of florals are on the schedule awaiting publication.

hahamommy said...

mmmmm muffins! Gingerbread??

hahamommy said...

oh yeah, collaborative cooking ;)
It's really the only way I can cook - I think it's hardwired into women's brains to do the most of the household chores communally... at least it's how those tasks are most pleasantly done in my experience.

Cloudia said...

A homely & warm post!
Aloha

Momstart said...

I eat cookies until there are no more. Just eat and eat and eat, I need some more..yumm

amanda said...

They look totally yummy!

Red Lotus Mama said...

They almost look like lumps of coal ... what kind of muffins are they?

Happy WW! Check out some photos I took during my recent trip to San Francisco: http://tinyurl.com/cpayqb

Jodi said...

Yum! I could go for a muffin right now! Happy WW!

East Coast Wahine said...

I love this photo-well done!

Mariposa said...

Those muffins look yummy! Mine is up! Happy WW! :-)

Dominique said...

Haven't done any collaborative cooking but the muffins really look weird to me in B/w. Maybe coz I am more used t osee them in color.
Dropping by via WW.

Dawn said...

Yummy! What a cool photo! Happy WW!

I hope you'll come visit my Wordless Wednesday offering as well :)

Forty Two East said...

I love muffins. They look great....

Alpaca Farmgirl said...

Love muffins! I like the b & w too.

Happy WW!

Ailurophile said...

What interesting photos and nice blog. Yep I'd like to have those muffins, and the fresh baked bread. Take care :)

Thomas said...

Yummy!

Robyn Jones said...

Now I am hungry....Hope there are some left...

Daryl said...

So what kinda muffins were they?

That's quote is from an old Dunkin Donuts commercial

David Edward said...

oh SHUT up with talk about captions and themes, and just stuff one of Wanda's muffins in my mouth, already!

Anonymous said...

Dunkin Donuts ad circa early 1980s. Good ad...can't find it on Youtube and have been looking for it online for a few years now. ;o)