Monday, April 13, 2009

Fresh baked bread


Fissures
London, ON, March 2009

About this photo: We're doing edible all week long. Don't know what I'm talking about? Click here to find out.
Sometimes, we take pictures that seem to have a texture all their own - this despite the obvious limitations of a strictly two-dimensional medium.

When faced with a limitation, we can either accept it at face value, or we can choose to find some way to overcome it. To wit, if you touch this photo on your screen right now, you obviously won't feel the pillowy soft surface of this long-munched hamburger bun. But if you close your eyes just so, maybe you can imagine it.

As the economy continues to spin off large- and small-scale destruction, as children disappear without a trace, as so many of us face overwhelming waves of difficulty and challenge, something as simple as a moment like this can make the difference between surviving and living.

Go ahead and give it a try. I'll wait.

Your turn: So, what did you imagine?

9 comments:

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

It looked like a close-up of a golden hued quilt. My bread never looks like that!

Mojo said...

I imagined all the people, living life in peace.

And I finished up the Edible theme with something on the lighter side, because damn.

Thematic Photographic 44: "Edible" v.7.0: Insert Punch Line Here

maryt/theteach said...

I felt I could put my finger into the soft bread and reach down to the white part of the bun... :)

sealaura said...

I wanted to jump in and bounce on it for fun, eventhough I knew it was just bread. But very comforting bread nonethless, I have simple edible item up today.
http://sealaura.blogspot.com/

Daryl said...

Lovely .. I was sure it was hot dog buns... just finished listening to Susan Boyle, a contestant on BritianGotTalent, over on YouTube .. trust me, this is something you want to watch/listen to ... and then come back and re-read your post ..

Anonymous said...

As the Fantastic Four posed for the group photo, Ben was unhappy about his close up.

Johnny Flame

Pamela said...

It looks like google earth over the Saraha

Pamela said...

Sahara

margie said...

this week of passover, you are doing edible? good grief. i have to match your fresh baked bread post....our family operates a kosher bakery in ottawa. closed this week of course.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/margela/3449864751/