Saturday, April 04, 2009

Here's looking at you, kid


Reflective maidel
Laval, QC, August 2008 [Click to age her]


She's 11 going on 21, but still enough of a kid that she still asks to tag along anytime one of us head out on an errand. This morning was no different, as she hung out with me while I donated plasma. Not exactly the most exciting place for a kid to spend part of Saturday morning, but something tells me that isn't what drives her anyway. The cookies we shared afterward tasted especially sweet, probably because I didn't have to eat them alone.

Someday, we'll inevitably run out of moments like this. For now, however, I'll hold onto them like the fleeting treasures they are.

Your turn: I hope you'll reflect on your own life for a moment before leaving a thought in a comment. And if you've got a reflective picture - literal or figurative - I hope you'll click here and share it with us, too.

11 comments:

kenju said...

Now THAT'S a great photo!!! I hope you enlarged and and had it framed.

Mike said...

What a wonderful picture. My son just turned 26 but I remember him at that age. Take lots of pictures because it is amazing how fast they grow and change.

Netchick sent me this time.

Pearl said...

sweet moment caught there, Carmi. Your kids are so lucky to be noticed, treasured and, enjoyed, guided and nurtured.

Cloudia said...

Carmi:
You are a rich man;
and wise enough to know it.

What a resemblance!

Shayna Punim.....Aloha wishes to you both

Robin said...

What a beautiful, soft, portrait. Simply beautiful.

As for being reflective, I just did the 80 Clicks Around the World motherhood meme that's wending its way around the globe. It's chock full of introspection so I think I've temporarily used up my quotient. Time to get back to the mundane world of work and deadlines for me. Feel free to check out my ramblings from my own softer, gentler place though.

And since my parents are arriving tomorrow and computer time will be scarce, let me also wish you a very happy Passover. Chag aviv sameach to you and yours.

Marion said...

Wow, she sure looks a lot like you, Carmi!

I have a granddaughter who is fourteen. She loves to take photos of herself and her friends, and some are amazing! The ones she sends me are particularly close to my heart, because I look and see how quickly she's growing up.

Your photos are always evocative...some twig my heart!

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

A beautiful portrait, Carmi :)

Mojo said...

Wow. Just ... wow. You always manage to get the essence of childhood in the shots of your kids. and for their part, they seem to be able to display it effortlessly, despite the presence of the camera. I guess they're just so accustomed to the click of the shutter that it's natural to them. I can't get anybody in my family to look this at ease in front of the camera.

And to think... the best I could come up with today was Thematic Photographic 43: "Reflective" v.5.0: 1967 Corvette Roadster

Daryl said...

Shana reflective maidl ..

Hilary said...

That's a beautiful shot of a lovely child. Wow!

srp said...

Yes, enjoy those moments as long and as deeply as possible. All too soon, she'll be in high school and then off to college and then before you knew it could happen... she'll be gone, out on her own. My baby turns 23 this month.. where ever did the time go!