Sunday, June 14, 2009

Caption This 125


Please caption this image
[Click here for Caption This instructions]
London, ON, October 2007


Even the "other" London gets fog. And when the murk rolls in, I like to take the camera out for some exercise. As you can see, a bit of excess low-altitude humidity can turn even the most average-looking suburban street into a softly mysterious - and oddly quiet - world. I love being outside when it gets like this.

Your turn: Please come up with a creative caption for this photo. It supports this week's Thematic Photographic theme, road (see here for more TP fun.) If you're new to Caption This, click here for more background.

About last week's photo of a strange-looking cloud formation: I'm glad I'm not the only one who stares at the sky. The following honorable menschens suggested these evocative captions:
  • Terri: "Jumbo the Nimbus Cloud."
  • Anne: "When pigs fly."
  • Jean: "Between the lines."
Jean scores twice this week. Her "It's gonna rain elephants" takes the cake - I can only imagine what raining pachyderms would look like. Please drop by her blog and congratulate her.

17 comments:

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

"Murky Mile" ?

Mojo said...

How about:
"Damn, I wish I'd shot that!"

Because just now, those are the only words I got.

awareness said...

I'm thinking of Mystery Book titles.... :)

Where evil lurks....

The muffled sounds of loneliness.

Empty Echoes

Portrait of Peril.

Barbara said...

I, too, love fog. When it comes around I just feel like nothing matters except what is visible. It's like a soft hug. So I came up with "Embraceable Dew". Pardon the pun, but it's the best I can come up with at this time.

Beautiful shot, and I agree with Mojo -- I wish I'd shot that!

Pamela said...

Misty moonlight.....

Jean said...

Thanks a lot, Carmi... Double score, wow :)

For this week:
* Light at the end of the tunnel

Peg Cherre said...

Real Life In Sepia

Pamela said...

T P Soup

(maybe the term "pea soup" is no longer used to describe thick fog. Thats what I remember my folks saying when we were driving in it. "This stuff is as thick as pea soup." I just thought it appropriate for the Thematic Photograph: TP)

dennisthemennis.co.uk said...

I cant think of anything witty to say but it is a beautiful shot!!

I too love that time of mystery & quietness.

Sara said...

red moon rising

Sara said...

reminiscing in the mist

Sara said...

just lacking gorillas in the mist ;)

Sara said...

the calm before the storm

Sara said...

red sky at night, sailors delight, red sky in the morning, sailors take warning

Just Jinny said...

"This is how horror movies start"

That's what I always think with a foggy scene. It's eerily beautiful.

And, my road photo was taken in Colorado Springs at the Garden of the Gods. Beautiful place, we went there twice on the same trip.

Anne said...

I need a spoon.

Red pea soup

carmi, nothing funny is coming to me this week, again.

Pamela said...

blurred carmine



I: