Sunday, June 21, 2009

Caption This 126


Please caption this image
[Click here for Caption This instructions]
London, ON, June 2009

About this photo: Thematic Photographic is exploring all things green this week - both literal and figurative. And since I firmly believe that blue is the new green, I invite you to throw your photographic hat into the ring by heading here.
Your turn: Got a funny caption or title for this photo? Click the comment link and share as many as you wish. I'll post the winner next Sunday.

About last week's photo of my foggy street: There's something about a foggy night that just makes my brain shift into a different creative gear. Apparently, I wasn't alone, as a number of good folks made Honorable Menschen with these delightful captions:
  • Dana: "Empty Echoes."
  • Barb: "Embraceable Dew"
  • Sara: "Reminiscing in the mist."
Jinny's "This is how horror movies start" made me laugh out loud, and she takes this week's title. Her blog, A Girl in the Real World, paints a picture of a native Texan with a delightfully full life - husband, dogs, cats, and an ability to tell stories with her lens that will make you quietly say wow when you first visit her site.

18 comments:

Just Jinny said...

LOL! Thank you so much. I'm glad I was able to make you laugh. And I DO think that every time. I'll mention it to my husband and then joke about stopping at a run down looking house for directions.

awareness said...

I like YOUR caption Carmi....Blue is the new green. :)

Fill 'er up.

One person's garbage is another person's recycled treasures.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jean said...

Must be the way the arrows flow that makes me think...

* You scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours

:)

Jean said...

* Where's RED ?

Anonymous said...

Big into Recycling

David Edward said...

in Southern Calif, green lawns are headed for the recycle bin.

it may be true that Calif is finally out of water ( for lawns)

Sara said...

cyclic blue

Sara said...

no longer read, writing & arithmetic for the 3 Rs, but rather reduce, reuse & recycle!

Sara said...

cyclic blue

Peg Cherre said...

The ubiquitous recycling bin - not green in any sense of the word

awareness said...

'bin wastin'...

the recyclin' bin blues....

Just wondering.....Is the plastic used in making a recycling bin been recycled? And where do you send your old bin when it's time to chuck it or do they last forever setting off those plastic chemicals from sitting in the summer heat we've been reading so much about?

David Edward said...

following the directions on the side of this fine blue box is a lot like my life before therapy

Morahmommy said...

the planet saver

bin today, gone tomorrow

Mojo said...

I'm so tempted to use "Bin there done that", but that would be cheating since that was a title used by David McMahon for a shot on Authorblog a while back. It fits, but it's not mine.

I have no such compunction, however, about recycling one of my own titles from a once upon a post:
"Blue is the New Green"
Hmm... I think it worked better in the original context.

Ah well... here's some unexpected greenery that turned up near my office.
Thematic Photographic 54: "Green" v.5.0

barbie2be said...

what goes around, comes around

Anne said...

What will I be next time?

Robin ~ PENSIEVE said...

What goes around, comes around.

Deja vu

Re-Purposed Filled Life

Because it ISN'T easy bein' green!

:)