Kiss my asphalt
London, ON, March 2009
Now that we've paved paradise and put up a parking lot, we're left with little choice but to live with the landscape - or moonscape - that now exists.
I rather detest the vast expanses of pavement that define where most of us live. An urban geography dominated by roads is hot, people-unfriendly and not all that pretty to boot. Still, as much as I'd like to whine about the unnaturalness of it all, it won't change reality. So since we're stuck with roads here, there and everywhere, I thought we'd at least take a week or so to explore 'em with our cameras.
Are you in?
Your turn: Take any picture of any road. Post it on your blog and leave the link in a comment here. That's it! We'll be doing this all week long, so remember to try the veal. If you're new to Thematic Photographic, here's a bit of an overview:
- Every Wednesday evening, at precisely 7 o'clock Eastern, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
- Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...road!
- You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
- You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
- If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry. Old or new, all photos are welcome.
- You may post as many photos or links as you wish. For the next week, I'll be supporting this theme with a related picture/posting each day. I encourage you to do the same. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
- Please share this link with friends, too, and encourage them to join in. The more, the merrier.
- And please accept my thanks for your enthusiasm. Your participation has made TP a true highlight for me each and every week.