Friday, May 27, 2011

8 ball, corner pocket


Cued up
London, ON, April 2011
[Click photo to enlarge. Click here for more Thematic blue]

At first glance, this may seem like a green picture. It is, of course, but our discussion this morning isn't about first glances. It's about what we see when we linger a little longer, when we take the time to look a little more deeply, to read the story behind the story.

In this case, that meta-story is the chalky blue dot at the tip of the pool cue. Well, to me, anyway. Because green is the easy color when thinking about pool (okay, my British friends, billiards.) Blue? Not so much. And I've always been about rooting for the underdog.

Maybe I'm overthinking this. Maybe I just like the depth of field in this shot. Or the shadows on the tip of the cue. Or the sense of peace I feel when I see this pic. Not everything needs to be dissected, after all. Sometimes, it's enough to just enjoy the sight.

Your turn: Three words to describe this photo. Go...

4 comments:

Bob Scotney said...

Now if it were snooker you could have potted the blue ball.

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Gonna stretch these 3 words: open, self assured, on point (no pun intended)

Mustang Sally said...

ready ... aim .... rapture?

Somewhere round about said...

one last shot