Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Get a grip


In or out?
London, ON, April 2011
About this photo: Thematic celebrates vehicular week with our ongoing exploration of the machines that move us. You can share your own, too, by going here.
I'm a believer in the beauty of the ordinary, of the every day. We're often so intent on preparing - and looking - for the major, big bang moments that we tend to forget about the more minor ones. We let them slip past us with barely a second thought.

And what if those big moments never materialize? What then? What have we missed along the way?

So I don't wait, and instead often find myself looking for the memorable in the average moments that mark the average day. Think Kia instead of Ferrari, or grocery store carts instead of jet fighters on afterburner. On the surface, it applies to photography. But a little deeper down, it's about more than a two-dimensional reflection of reality. It's about choosing to live life in the here and now.

Your turn: Something from an ordinary day. Please discuss.

2 comments:

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Love the photo title!

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

beautiful image.....I dont post most of my everyday photos, but I never forget to take one when I see one! :)