Sunday, May 29, 2011

Colorful girl


From my daughter's mind
London, ON, February 2009
[Click here for more blue-themed Thematic]

My artistic abilities rank somewhere between none and stick figures. There's a reason I use word processing software and cameras to create stuff: I'm patently incapable of doing it solo.

My wife and daughter? Quite the opposite. They draw, they paint, they create loveliness with their bare hands. I don't know how they do it, but I'm glad they do, because our house is filled with artistic surprises almost wherever you look.

Which reminds me, I need to get cracking hanging more of it on our walls. I'm being gently reminded that I've fallen well behind in this area. Where's my hammer?

Your turn: Do you hang your own art in your house? Do tell! (Bonus points if you've got a picture of it...)

One more thing: This a canvas my daughter painted a couple of years ago. If you follow me on Twitter (@carmilevy), it may look familiar as it serves as my homepage backdrop.

6 comments:

Jeena R. Papaadi said...

The only art work on our walls now are the shapeless drawings (can we call them that?) that my five yr old scratches with his pencil.

Kalei's Best Friend said...

I am in the same boat as you are.. The camera as well as my art journals are where I create as well as write...here's my contribution:
http://afreshstartwithkalei.blogspot.com/2011/05/colorful.html

Max Sartin said...

I do put my art work up on my walls, although, like you, I am limited to photography. I have little to no talent when it comes to drawing, though I have worked with people who do, and some of their work is on my walls. You can see some of them here.

Thumper said...

I *hope* that's hanging in your house... it would be hanging in mine for sure. I *LOVE* that!

I have a painting the Spouse Thingy did hanging in the living room. I regret using it as a book cover for someone else's book, because I really want to use it on one of my own someday...

LivingInAurora.ca said...

Funny thing is that I do lot of photography, and have none on my walls, lol. Nice blog. Anna :)

Anonymous said...

Bravo for your daughter! I'd gladly hang that in my home!

Yes, I do frame my own prints, and it's a wonderful and empowering feeling.

I also display my daughter's paintings and drawings. (She's a much better painter than I. :-)

I agree with you, Carmi, it's an amazing thing to see someone create beauty with their bare hands.