Thursday, September 27, 2012

Shaped by nature. Then wiped away.

Transient waves
Delray Beach, FL
January 2012
Please click here for more Thematic grounded




















My favorite spot on any beach is the zone right by the water where the waves break and eventually wash up on the sand. The scoured zone is constantly being shaped and reshaped by the never-ending force of the wave action, and it never looks the same way twice. I could stand there all day as the water washes over my angles and gradually pulls my feet down into the oozy muck. Good times.

What I especially love about what's left behind is how it seems to lack scale. This particular shot happened to be shot from about eye level. But without too much additional imagination, it could just as easily be from a plane flying above a desert.

We really do live on a beautiful planet, and sometimes the proof is quite literally at our feet. If you do one thing today, please take that extra moment to look for it.

Your turn: So...what's down at your feet right now?

4 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

what's down at my feet? EVERYTHING! Past, present, future...what may be and not be...

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I like it too.

You can see the minnows being washed up and swimming back, the little clams and sand crabs digging into the sand, birds running around trying to get something to eat...It's wonderful!
~

21 Wits said...

Absolutely tread lightly, and take time to use our senses along the way! Adore this photo, and all that it has to offer, it's one of my favorite places to visit!

mmp said...

somewhere in the depths ofmy image-storage, is loads of sand shots.....
love yours

what's at my feet?
bamboo laminate floor of our kitchen (and it seems to need a clean....excuse me....)