Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Where's my rice? Oh yes...

A strange place to eat
Toronto, ON
July 2012



















I've just spent the day not eating, so I hope you'll forgive my choice of photo for this week's theme, grounded (click here to share yours.)

I rather liked the look of the white plate with the yellow rice - it seemed to have such a nice, simple balance of geometry and color - and needed a convenient place to set it down so I could take the shot. I might have plunked myself right down there when I was done, but our friends were already seated at the table, and they might have thought me a little weird had I not joined them.

I know what you're thinking: they already thought I was weird. And yes, you'd be correct.

Your turn: What else should I add to the dish?

2 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

hmmmm, how about some garlic, peppers, onions... that would help that rice a whole bunch-- I see pilaf!. :-) btw, I must be weird too!.

Janet said...

some ripe red cherry tomatoes, fresh off the vine with stem still on. Perhaps a roasted bit of meat, chicken or pork?