Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Celebrating an on-stage face-plant

Drink up, responsibly
Las Vegas, NV
November 2019
This photo originally shared on Instagram
Day 1 of #InfoTechLIVE in #LasVegas is in the books, and a little celebration is called for.

This isn't, however, my drink. I found it in the hallway near the conference site, and decided some photographic decompression was called for.

It was an action-packed day filled with learning and connecting. And my first-ever full-on face plant on-stage in front of an audience of over 500 clients, colleagues, and partners. Which I'm guessing will now indelibly fuse me into the memories of a whole lot of people.

Glass half empty thinking would have me churning the fall in my mind all night long, and quite possibly beyond. The glass half full version of Carmi says I should count my blessings that tripping onto the stage was the worst thing that happened to me today. There's always someone else - or more precisely countless other someones - who must deal with far darker realities.

So don't mind me if I choose to celebrate a successful, if somewhat unconventional, day in an extraordinary place by shooting pics of someone else's long-abandoned glass of wine.

No one ever said life needed to follow a set script, anyway.

#nevada #cosmopolitan #hotel #itrg #infotech #infotechrg #road #trip #travel #travelphotography #travelgram #white #wine #stilllife #photography #google #pixel2 #teampixel #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: