Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Meeting our next pet iguana

Isadore basks in the sun
Cancun, Mexico
November 2019
This photo shared originally on Instagram
You never know when life will throw tiny bits of randomness into your path. So you probably want to be at least somewhat ready when it happens.

To wit, I'd like to introduce you to my little friend, Isadore the Iguana. He showed up on the path near our room rather by happenstance, as iguanas are often known to do.

This shouldn't be a surprise: This entire area was hacked out of the tropical jungle, so it's still packed with exotic and sometimes kinda frightening wildlife. Iguana sightings are frequent here, and it's no surprise to see bunches of them hanging out on the pathways here.

Isadore is no gator, though, so I wasn't worried he'd have me for breakfast. But I still wasn't too keen to have him take a bite out of me. So I used a long-ish lens to reel him in.

In the overall scheme of things, this is a common photo of a common lizard, nothing we haven't seen before, here and elsewhere. But when the universe sends one your way, you ignore the opportunity at your peril.

Because wonder is all around us. And we owe it to ourselves and those closest to us to embrace it when we cross its path.

I think I owe Isadore a sincere thank you.

#cancun #mexico #itrg #infotechresearchgroup #presidentsclub #pclub2019 #iguana #reptile #animal #road #trip #travel #travelphotography #travelgram #explore #beach #sunrise #morning #photography #canon #canon_photography #canonphotography #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: