Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Snowy parking lot in the pre-dawn cold

Traces of travels past
London, ON
November 2019
This photo originally shared on Instagram
It's 6:08 a.m., and it's the kind of deeply cold, crisp, still Canadian-winter morning that turns the sharpness dial up to 11 on everything the eye can see.

King Street in pre-dawn downtown #LdnONT is virtually deserted, the only sound the distant thrum of a freight train moving shadow-like through the still-sleeping city.

It's ironic, then, that I'm walking to the train station, on my way to another day of non-stop coolness in the big city to the east. Like most right-thinking humans, I'd rather still be tucked into my cozy bed, but purposeful life dictates otherwise. So out into the cold I've gone.

The parking lot to my left beckons me. My brain, still shaking off the cobwebs of not enough sleep, takes it in and decides this is the scene that'll best tell the story of this moment on this day. I stare at the dirty tracks in the snow, wondering who made them, where they were headed, and what their story was.

We're all on some kind of journey, after all. I hope we all have the luxury of taking the time to soak in some memory of the things we see - and feel - along the way.

#london #ontario #canada #winter #snow #weather #wx #downtown #urban #street #photography #city #king #walkabout #train #travel #google #pixel2 #teampixel #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: