Friday, November 22, 2019

Staring at a shiny airport floor

Pondering the trivial before the journey home
Las Vegas, NV
November 2019
This photo originally shared on Instagram
Scene from an airport, part 82 of an apparently never-ending series.

This is the floor in the departures area of the #LasVegas airport's Terminal 3. It looks like any other airport, though if you squish your eyelids just so, you can barely divine the slot machines that seem to be everywhere here.

I don't know why I feel such a need to take pictures like this when I travel, of the minutiae I encounter along the way. I suppose I just don't want to forget anything from the journey.

Or maybe my mind seeks comfort in the mundane when I'm otherwise moving at a thousand miles an hour. Taking tiny moments here and there to steal scenes like this seems to slow things down just enough that I can breathe again.

I know what you must be thinking: It's just another airport, leading up to just another flight. And to a certain extent, you would be right. But isn't every trip special in its own right? Doesn't every journey deserve to be remembered for the unique experience that it is? Don't the "just another's" merit a piece of the spotlight, too?

Not to worry: I've got plenty of the so-called big pictures, the things you'd expect to see when you go to Vegas. But the small pics are just as important later on when we're trying to remember what it felt like to be there.

So I'll keep shooting small moments along the way. Because they actually loom much larger than we might have originally thought.

#nevada #itrg #InfoTechLive #McCarran #international #airport #road #trip #travel #travelphotography #travelgram #city #explore #photography #google #pixel2 #teampixel #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: