Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Retrotech in a hotel lobby

Reflective communication
Las Vegas, NV
November 2019
This photo originally shared on Instagram
It's a big day for our #itrg family here in #LasVegas, and my feed will soon be packed with scenes and snippets from #InfoTechLIVE.

Yet it's an ancient phone, sitting ignored on a table in the shadows of an endless hallway here at the hotel, that captures my attention. Why?

First, I think it's the universe sending us a reminder to slow down every once in a while and soak in the details. Otherwise we might miss the colors, tones, and textures that seem to define lives well lived.

Second, it's a subtle nod to the art of communication, and how we can never stop trying to connect more effectively. No one is on this journey alone, after all, and we can't ignore the fact that we successfully navigate our path with the gentle help of those around us.

Even when we're all alone, as I am now in a quiet 44th floor hotel room in the pre-dawn darkness far from home, I am surrounded, connected, and cared for. So are you - so please let's not allow the frenetic pace of day-to-day life to blot out that very simple, critical reality.

And about that phone? Amid whatever craziness lies ahead for you today, I hope you'll take a moment to connect with someone who matters. We always have the time for that.

Indeed, if I'm going to knock it out of the park at this week's conference - as I have every intention of doing - it'll be precisely because simple, quiet, connections like the one you see here put me right where I needed to be.

#nevada #cosmopolitan #hotel #infotech #infotechrg #road #trip #travel #travelphotography #travelgram #stilllife #photography #google #pixel2 #teampixel #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: