Saturday, November 02, 2019

Oops, I forgot the clothes

The look...
Laval, QC
November 2019
This photo originally shared on Instagram
This may come as a shock to some of you, but I did an incredibly stupid thing yesterday.

As I was loading the car hours before sunrise in preparation for our road trip, I mistakenly hung up a garment bag in the front hall cupboard. I didn't have enough hands to get everything outside, so I temporarily stuck it there while I opened doors, wrestled luggage, and took silly photos of freshly fallen snow.

You know where this is headed: I forgot to go back for the garment bag, which we only discovered when we arrived in Montreal late last night and, magically, there was no garment bag in sight.

Thankfully our hotel was next to a mall. Thankfully said mall opened at 9 this morning. Thankfully the Internet was invented, which allowed us to exhaustively research and quickly build our we-need-clothes-right-now game plan. Thankfully we had enough time to panic-shop, change like Superman, then jet off to where we needed to be.

Thankfully we have another doofus-Carmi story to add to our family's ever-growing collection of them. Thankfully my wife has the patience of Job. Thankfully her path crossed mine, and stays crossed despite my relentless tendency to throw wrenches into the moving machinery of life.

I'm just thankful that after everything I put her through, she still looks at me like this.

#laval #montreal #quebec #canada #road #trip #highway #travel #car #auto #google #pixel2 #teampixel #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: