Simply the best (buy)
London, ON, March 2009
About this photo: We're kicking off Thematic Photographic's yellow week with a bit of stark color. Read on for more...The scene: I'm out running errands with our daughter. Although I usually park in the furthest reaches of the parking lot to avoid inconsiderate folks who enjoy whacking adjacent vehicles with their doors, I've lucked into this most primo of primo spots right beside the front doors of the store. Dahlia celebrates this bizarre event as I stare at the front of the big box store from a decidedly odd perspective: up-close and through the windshield.
It's a very windy day. As we get out of the car, she looks up and realizes the store's sign is blowing in the wind. It's not a temporary vinyl sign, either: it's a full-sized, permanent Best Buy sign. It's not the most comforting thing to see the rather large panels flap ominously within their frame, but my daughter nevertheless suggests I snap the scene so we remember what it was like to stand there on a windy afternoon. Bless her artist's heart.
Your turn: This week's Thematic Photographic theme is yellow. I'm pretty jazzed, as it's the first time I've deliberately used color for a theme. If you're all sufficiently into it, we'll toss additional colors into the mix later on. Deal? Time to get shooting. If you're new to this photographic craziness, read on:
- Every Wednesday evening, at precisely 7 o'clock Eastern, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
- Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...yellow!
- You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
- You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
- If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry. Old or new, all photos are welcome.
- You may post as many photos or links as you wish. For the next week, I'll be supporting this theme with a related picture/posting each day. I encourage you to do the same. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
- Please share this link with friends, too, and encourage them to join in. The more, the merrier.
- And please accept my thanks for your enthusiasm. Your participation has made TP a true highlight for me each and every week.