Williamsburg, KY, January 2009
I've always found it ironic that signs are literally everywhere you look, but they seem to pass through our lives almost invisibly. Maybe we're so saturated with commercialism that we've trained ourselves to experience them subconsciously. Either way, a few months back I started looking more closely at these briefly literary mirrors of society. And I was intrigued with the way even a seemingly plain sign like this can hold stories for anyone who stops long enough to give it some thought.
So for the next week, Thematic Photographic explores signs. They can be mundane, unique, commercial or handmade - if they somehow deliver messages to in a sorta public manner, they're in. Are you?
Your turn: Time to get snapping and sharing. Here's how this nuttiness works:
- Every Wednesday evening, at precisely 7 o'clock Eastern, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
- Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...signs!
- You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
- You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
- If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry. Old or new, all photos are welcome.
- You may post as many photos or links as you wish. For the next week, I'll be supporting this theme with a related picture/posting each day. I encourage you to do the same. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
- Please share this link with friends, too, and encourage them to join in. The more, the merrier.
- And please accept my thanks for your enthusiasm. Your participation has made TP a true highlight for me each and every week.